Sunday, January 4, 2009

Movie/Music - Moulin Rouge!

oh my word. This is one of the most fantastic movies I've ever seen. I saw it a couple months ago at a friends party and absolutely adored it. I'll say a word of warning though; it is PG13 so um... my dearest cousins it is not for you. You may watch the video's I've posted of it, and I'll give you the synopsis leaving some stuff out... but no watching the movie. I wish you could though, it's a beautiful film.

Synopsis; it's the story of a young British poet/writer, Christian, who falls in love with the star of the Moulin Rouge, a cabaret actress, Satine. Satine mistakes him for a rich Duke who was going to invest in a play the Moulin Rouge was going to put on (Christian is the writer for the play) and falls in love with him, even after discovering he's not who she thought he was. They both try to hide their romance from the real duke (who is in love with Satine too, and gets jealous of anyone close to her), so that he will still invest in the play. 

Beautiful film, I don't consider it a musical although there are songs in it, and some absolutely beautiful songs too. Here is one of my favorites; Come What May (remember; the video's I'm posting have been checked so that my younger cousins can watch. Please do.)

3 comments:

Crazy mom said...

Maggie,

that movie is the most horrible little love movie i have ever seen.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why would I even want to watch it. Her face is like white! Too much makeup! And that guy looks like Obi-Wan from Star Wars. And Yes I think it is definitely not for me! Or anybody (Yes even you)!
Love,
Your dearest cousins,
Nina and Molly

Maggie said...

I'm crying now but you know that doesn't really matter. Nothing I like seems to matter of either of you.
-Maggie

Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie,
My dad forced me to watch Moulin Rouge anytime he found it, but I've grown to enjoy it every time I watch it, and I love the songs. It leaves me with tears in my eyes whenever I see the ending. I'm glad someone else likes it.
~Jilly

(PS. Christian is Obi Wan from Star Wars)