Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to the Music!

time for my all time favorite music genre (it fades in and out with others but I still think I like it the best) 

NEW WAVE!!!!!

Yes, I'm talking about bouncy, fun, addictive 80's music!!!!

You may thank my parents, 80's radio stations brought this all on me at a young age, and now I don't think it'll ever leave me, no mater how long ago it becomes.  The music is fun, catchy, with amazing beats and lyrics, most of it is british, though some american bands were in on it too. Still, I think the british part also draws me in. I like british accents. 

Some of my top 80's bands (as with my one post a while back on anine, the names are links to pictures)
U2 (obviously, although I don't quite consider them "new wave")
Duran Duran (which I personally believe is the 80's version of the Jonas brothers. If you wanna know why... comment.)
Adam & the Ants (Also not quite "New Wave"a little more to the punk side but I think it sorta paved the way for more new wave-y stuff)
Big Country (R.IP. to their lead singer, suicide stories are depressing.)

probably lots more... but this is all that come to the top of my head/ is on my 80's playlist.
Expect individual posts on some of these bands in the near future. 

No comments: