Monday, March 9, 2009

Fun with Vocabulary.

I thought I ought to do a word of the day/week sorta thing... and I still might but one word just had to get it's own post. It's also in my inside jokes list. 
Craic
Already said, it's pronounced like crack. Thankfully the definition is different. Craic = fun, jokes, good times ect. Used in sentences it would go something like;
"That was great craic."
"We'll be having the craic." 
"I just enjoy the craic."
Two things I'd like to point out right now. First off, it's not an English word... it's Gaelic. Second, all three of those quotes have been used........................ by members of Celtic Thunder. Yeah. That's not the only reason I love it though. It's just so much fun to say, especially because when most american people hear any of those phrases they're gonna look at you weird. Which is always fun. 

No comments: