Wednesday, July 22, 2009

back to some kind of variety....

but still music, and still a guy. 

JOSH GROBAN!!

Have I ever told you all the song "You Raise Me Up" has been done to death. (No offense to Celtic Woman, or Paul. Their versions are plenty nice) Well, Josh's was the first version of it I ever heard. Not counting an annoying kid in a sixth grade talent show.
My friend Lauren, who is brilliant at knowing what I like, let me listen to some more of his songs a while back. He has such a fantastically beautiful voice. And he's totally humble and hilarious too. Good qualities, they are.



And while I love all the versions I've heard, there is something incredibly awesome about doing it with a gospel choir. Yay Josh!

2 comments:

dorothy said...

Maggie, What a wonderful version of that song. Josh has a marvelous voice. I may have to look for one of his CD's. Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

Maggie- cool though I like celtic Woman's version better *hehe*

Nina