Saturday, June 13, 2009

My strange taste in music

I do, like most teens, enjoy some modern pop and rock music. A lot of it has wonderfully catchy beats and fun music. 
But the majority of my musical tastes come in weird places. Examples.
- Celtic Music. Need I say more? Traditional (or as Keith calls it, "Trad") music, from Ireland and Scotland. I like the lyrics and the music of Traditional Celtic music. 
- Classical. Look at the artists on my ipod and you will see, among everything else, Beethoven, Bach, and the like. It's beautiful and relaxing. 
- New Age. Stuff like Enya. 
- Foreign music. If it's not in english and has a good beat, I like it.
- 80's pop. But we've been through that. That stuff is the catchiest music in the whole world.
- Disco. A weird one. But it's fun and crazy, so I like it.
- Swing Music. There's a new one for a 15 year old girl. Truth be told, I ADORE music from the 30's, 40's and 50's. I'm talking Frank Sinatra, and Bing Crosby to name a small few. The more upbeat Jazz to the quieter love songs. It's just fantastic.
- Oh! And Michael Bublé! Because he's bringing all the swing-ness back. Though he's in a world of modern singers and voices he's just- wow! It's nice to have someone with that kind of voice and style around for me.

yea. It's strange, I think. But that's just me! 

1 comment:

dorothy said...

Maggie, It is not strange to like many kinds of music. They all have their strengths (maybe the exception is heavy metal. Grandma