Saturday, April 18, 2009

Celtic-ness again.

I have recently gained interest in a type of Celtic drum called a bodhran. They sound really fun and cool. It would be fun to get one just to play and it occurred to me if I ever got ahold of one my bagpipe playing cousin, Evan, and I could practice together. Whenever we do get together. 
A fun idea. Now if only I could get one. 

Bodhrans are basically the drum it's self which looks a little something like this...

(That stick thing on the one laying down is what you hold on to while playing)
...and a drumstick called a tipper


Here is someone nice enough on youtube to upload himself playing one one of these... They sound pretty darn cool.

3 comments:

Crazy mom said...

Okay, Maggie, you get one and practice a lot and then when you come up this summer you and Evan can put on a concert :)

Auntie Barb

dorothy said...

Are they expensive? Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd like to congratulate you for such a great quality site!
Was thinking this would be a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Johnie Maverick
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/shrek-party-supplies.html]shrek Party Supplies[/url].